CULEX and CUPDICT contain the Cantonese pronunciations of 50,000 Chinese words. The pronunciations were manually verified and provided in the form of syllable transcription using the Jyut Ping system.
- CULEX - 40,000 Chinese phrases with pronunciations
- CUPDICT - 10,000 Chinese characters with pronunciations
More information about CULEX and CUPDICT can be found from:
The followings are some samples of CULEX and CUPDICT for preview purpose. Just download and see if they meet your requirements. By downloading these files, you acknowledge that the copyright of of the data belongs to CUHK and agree the downloaded data will solely be used for preview purpose.
CULEX and CUPDICT are now available for licensing. Click here for prices of CULEX and CUPDICT. There are three different types of licenses, for commercial use, industrial research, and academic research, respectively:
The following materials are required for the processing of your request for licensing:
- TWO signed copies of the appropriate types of end user license agreements
- A bank draft in Hong Kong Dollar made payable to The Chinese University of Hong Kong for the license fee. Other methods of payment, e.g., bank transfer, credit card, are also acceptable. For details contact Ms. Tracy PANG (email@example.com), Technology Development Team, Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services (ORKTS), CUHK.
- Your contact information, including mailing address for the requested materials.
- Send these documents to
Prof. Tan Lee
Department of Electronic Engineering,
Room 404, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building
The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Shatin, New Territories
Prof. Tan Lee
Department of Electronic Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Tel: (852) 39438267
Fax: (852) 26035558